Chapels, devotions, and assemblies are a part of the spiritual educational program of Heritage Christian School. Each school day begins with a devotional period that includes prayer and Bible reading. One day a week, time is spent in chapel with other classes and special speakers.
Statement of faith
- We believe in the Bible to be the inspired, and only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to lead a Godly life.
- We believe the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers.
*This statement is the seven-point Statement of Faith of the National Association of Evangelicals.(NAE)
Heritage Christian School affirms the following core values:
1. That students at HCS:
- • Learn how to process information and think in the context of a biblical worldview.
- • Will compete in any future academic or vocational arena upon graduation.
- • Encourage one another and have grateful hearts and attitudes of servants.
2. Parents of HCS Students:
- • Will support the school’s statement of faith and the philosophy of education.
- • Will be actively involved in their child’s education, supporting the school through the use of their gifts and talents.
3. The educational program at HCS:
- • Recognizes Scripture as the revealed Word of God and teaches it as truth.
- • Incorporates higher level thinking skills and activity-based learning through projects and hands-on learning activities.
- • Includes weekly praise and worship time.
- • Incorporates the use of technology into instruction.
4. Teachers at HCS:
- • Will support and exemplify the foundational philosophy, mission and core values of the school.
- • Are firmly grounded in the Christian faith, have a close daily walk with the Lord and are able to “Give a reason for the hope they have” (1 Peter 3:15).
- • Understand and support the goals of Christian education and provide biblical integration into all areas of instruction.
- • Use creativity in teaching techniques and are skilled at adapting curriculum to meet individual student needs.
- • Are certified or actively working towards certification.